Last summer, my parents and I were made aware of a program
called Ydocs, a competition where youths make short documentaries with only
mobile phone. I joined as a participant in 4th Annual YDocs Youth Film Festival at Metropolitan Centre, Toronto.
Technology is a queer thing. It brings you gifts with one
hand, and stabs you in the back with the other. This quote came to my mind
during our team's title selection discussion. Our team decided to do a short film on "Video Game Addiction" among youth.
The organizers briefed us with film making fundamentals. I
was selected to be main character in the documentary. I was excited and nervous, as
I had never acted before.
It is a challenge to get everyone to agree on the time and
place of film shooting. Constant follow-up and phone calls helped. It was fun
to shoot in different locations. Following weeks of film shoot,
reshoot and editing, the short film was
finally ready.
We created a poster, gave a stylish title “Player One
Controlled“ and presented the film in front of an audience. It was fun to work
with a new group of friends and our film got an ‘Honorable mention’.
No comments:
Post a Comment