Friday, 16 December 2016

How YLP helped me - final editing done by arun 9:30 pm

Before Ylp I had no confidence to speak to others, public speaking was only in my dreams. Before Ylp I could not present even to my school class. Before YLP my social skills were nonexistent.

Greeting fellow ylpers , facilitator, co-facilitators and judges. Today I am here to talk about how ylp has helped me.  

Over the years I wasn’t a very confident at all. In front of a crowd I just couldn’t speak up. I felt nervous with all of the gazes staring at me. Then I would feel the pressure and either forgot what I was saying or talk extremely quite. Because of this my teachers felt that I was un-confident and shy. One of my teachers felt extremely bad. She knew that I wouldn’t participate in class or even talk to her. Because of this she got very frustrated and took out all of her anger on my parents. It left a very bad expression towards them. 

A friend of my dad told him about YLP that was 2015. At first I felt uneasy and afraid of YLP classes. Snack break is the only thing that made me comfortable.  

Week after week of practice at  YLP made me realize my uneasiness in front of people is just a feeling - a momentary feeling.  a BIG THANK YOU to YLP to make me realize all uneasiness will eventually go away.  

I am thankful to YLP for having regular contact classes, providing motivation. YLP made me realize it is OKAY to accept attention.  a BIG thank you to YLP making me comfortable to accept attention
  
Next big thank is about small roles which YLP gave. We were all given chances to take up different roles from time keeper to chairperson for the meetings  - I understood the importance of small roles.
  
YLP teachers appreciated me on my small, small successes.  small but steady appreciation on my improvements - these made my fears go away and I started gaining confidence.

Our first milestone came. Our group did a marketing pitch. The presentation went well. I then truly felt good about myself. My fear of people has reduced.  

We had our next milestone and the next one. During this time my presentation skills improved. Mybehaviorr improved. School teacher's complaints stopped. Now I am in front of you, giving this speech. thanks to YLP teachers and my fellow ylp classmates. 

thank you for listening.

No comments: