Saturday, 10 December 2016

How YLP helped me over the years





Before Ylp I could have never gotten the confidence to speak up in front of and audience. Before Ylp I could barely present a power point. Before Ylp I wouldn’t be standing here today.

Greeting to all fellow Ylpers, facilitators, co-facilitators and judges. Today I am here to talk about how Ylp has helped me. My presentation skills originally were extremely bad. Standing in front of a crowd and delivering a speech would make my head and vision spin round and round.

But then I was introduced to Ylp. But in the beginning, it was a pain. I never liked presenting at all and whenever there were classes I would try and pick the jobs where you didn’t have to present.  But slowly sometimes I would present. I would receive feedback for each time I present. Then slowly I would become better. In school I still felt pressure but in front of a small crowd I would feel none. 

After Ylp I started I do music. First I tried many different intruments like the ones I was playing at school. But because I went to ylp  became much easier for me to present my talentt to a crowd. The most nerve racking moment of my preforming time was when I preformed a duet to a crowd at an annual concert , much like milestones.

It was truly changing for me. 
Then I got even better and then... I was able to become one of the star speakers for my class. Then be able to present on this very stage once more.


Thank you for listening....     .

No comments: