Friday, 16 December 2016

How YLP has helped me

Before Ylp I had no confidence. Before Ylp I couldn’t present. Before Ylp I couldn’t even socialize.
Greeting fellow ylpers , facilitator, co-facilitators and judges. Today I am here to talk about how ylp has helped me. 

Over the years I wasn’t a very confident at all. In front of a crowd, I just couldn’t speak up. I felt nervous with all of the gazes of the audience staring at me, I would feel the pressure and either forgot what I was saying or talk extremely quite. Because of this, my teachers felt that I was unconfident and shy.
One of my teachers felt extremely bad. She knew that I wouldn’t participate in class or even ask her any questions. Because of this she got very frustrated and took out all of her anger on my parents at their interview. It left a very bad expression towards them.

But then a friend of my dad told him about Ylp. But at first, I felt that it was going to quite annoying going every morning. So I tried to do the jobs where you didn't have to present. But in the end, I still had to do presentations anyways.
. the teachers commented on my small, small successes. They gave positive feedbacks and gave gentle requests .For my improvements, they gave me positive feedback. It made my fears go away and i started gaining confidence.  The after one year my first milestones came. Our group did a marketing pitch and then we presented and I then truly felt good about myself and then my fears lessened. After that, I had next milestone and my next one. I  then started to feel more any more confident in my skills.  And not only that but during this time did my presentation skills improve and did my teachers start to feel good or better about me. Through that process I became almost an entirely differrent person.That was how ylp had help me.

Thank you for lisening.

No comments: